In choosing to be a Sixth Former at Holyport College, you will be joining a happy and diverse community of like- minded young people who work hard and achieve academic success but also enjoy their time at school and the many and varied opportunities on offer.
Our Sixth Form experience is designed as a bridge between school and university: you will enjoy greater freedom but also greater responsibility.
For our boarders we have separate boarding houses for boys and girls and our Sixth Form boarders share a well-appointed, modern bedroom. There are opportunities for social events both within school and with other, nearby boarding schools, as well as the responsibility of being a leader and role model for the younger members of the house.
At Holyport College we pride ourselves on the level of pastoral care which we provide and this is no different for our Sixth Form students. We have on site medical facilities and Sixth Form tutors are available in the evenings to support with studies, help resolve any issues or concerns or simply to have a chat.
Our ambition for our students is that they become the leaders of tomorrow in every walk of life.
In order to encourage them in this aspiration, we place a strong emphasis on leadership throughout their time at the school. Our Sixth Form students are expected to be leaders in terms of their behaviour, attendance, appearance and positivity of mindset. As a traditional boarding school, there will also be more formal opportunities for leadership: in supporting or running clubs or supervising activities for younger students; in representing their peers on House or College councils; in working in the community (at local primary schools, care homes or community events) or as House or College prefects (or indeed as Head Boy or Head Girl)
University and Beyond
Moving from school to university is a very exciting time for young people and preparation is the key to a successful transition.
At Holyport we aim to ensure every student is successful in reaching their next goal.
Students are supported every step of the way, from researching university courses, throughout the UCAS application process, admissions tests and interviews, to making the all-important final choices. All our Sixth Formers have access to unparalleled advice and guidance including:
- One-to-one tutorials with specialist teachers in students’ chosen subjects
- University visits and open days, subject workshops and online higher education
- Resources to help them research coursesand universities effectively
- Experienced Holyport and Eton staff to help prepare students for highly competitive admissions tests (BMAT, LNAT, HAT etc.) and in-depth interview practice
- Guidance and advice on applications to Oxbridge, Medical and Dental schools, Russell Group universities, specialistcolleges, as well as European andAmerican institutions with experienced support in the application process
- Support beyond the classroom, including access to Eton College’s libraries, talks and seminars from visiting speakers at Eton, guidance on specialist work experience, gap year options, and careers advice.